NEX 5N, OM-D E-M5 better than NEX 7 in terms of pixel density?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
headofdestiny
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,179
Like?
Re: Most people dont print!
In reply to sean lancaster, May 10, 2012

sean lancaster wrote:

headofdestiny wrote:

malebocks wrote:

I agree. I NEVER print my photos. I view everything on the screen.

Even if you only view photos on the screen, then are you not looking at them at some particular size that allows you to see the whole image at once? Or do you just enjoy looking at your pics zoomed to 100%, where you only see part of the image?

I can't really imagine telling my friends, "Hey, look at this great pic I took of my son," and then zooming to 100% and showing them my son's skin pores. It seems some have lost there way in the point of this whole photography thing.

Not every photo I take is perfectly composed. Sometimes you take the photo knowing you're going to crop it for composition later. For example, this is cropped quite a bit and is about 1/2 the size of the original that now exists. This is getting down to the pore level, and this is why sharpness is important to me so that I can crop any image I take to better compose it later on:

I don't think you understood my point, or maybe I wasn't clear? Sorry about that. You're still outputting that pic to a certain size for us to look at. I'm fine with cropping. I'm talking about viewing images of different resolutions at 100%.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow