Flat view
tfranzone
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Trip in 2 weeks! Deadend lens choice!
May 10, 2012

I shoot on a 5DMII
I own the 24-70 and the 70-200 2.8 II
Theres two lenses that I'd like to get right now.

17-40 for landscape work...I live in PA and really want a wider angle for landscapes AND

50 1.4 because I want a low light capable, fast prime. Can use it as an all around snapper as well indoors and out...nice and light.

Im going on a week long vacation to Burlington, VT and Lake Placid, NY in 2 weeks...and I feel like the 17-40 would be awesome to have in those locales.. I would like to bring a very small kit.. just my body and 2 lenses. No grip, no flash, no tripod...This small of a kit bc I want it to be a relaxing vacation with nice images but not feel like I'm hauling EQ with me. A 17-40 & 50 would be great but I own neither...

To say I'm frugal would be an understatement. I really want a new lens and decided those would be great additions to my kit... but wasnt looking to spend over $500 right now due to my vacation and I'm not made of money.

WHAT TO DO?!

Do I keep it low priced, grab the 50 for now? and take the 50 along with the heavy 24-70 for landscapes on my trip?..even though I dread carrying the 24-70, especially when hiking.

or do I just pony up about $600 for a used 17-40 and only take that only on my trip???

I'm so lost in my decision. Would LOVE to have the 17-40 and 50 right now to take those 2.

tfranzone's gear list:tfranzone's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-PL2 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow