Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dblanton10
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
First Pics - NEX7 - Having Fun
May 10, 2012

Overall my first impressions after a couple of weeks with the NEX 7 is great. The video overheats the camera after 15min of continuous recording, and yes the menu arrangement is not ideal to say the least. But this is the first camera that I actually enjoy the Manual setting. The 2 dial flex system is very fun to use. Pictures in the various automatic settings, especially the anti motion blur that takes 6 pictures, works very well. The below handheld shot of my daughters stuffed animals under candle light came out better using anti motion blur than my attempts at a slow shutter speed on a tripod.

Color representations are also on target - no blown out reds like my previous Sony cameras. DRO is a thing of beauty as well - always seems to preserve detail that I seem to remember losing with my previous cameras.

Would like your constructive criticism on the below first shots - all taken with the kit lens. Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow