Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Obama is not a real Christian...
May 10, 2012

It is over for Obama, churches nationwide will actively campaigning against him. I truly believe, his campaign miscalculated the gay voters vs millions of church goers voters.

"But leaders across the American religious spectrum blasted the president's remarks:

• New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who heads the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said Obama's remarks "undermine the institution of marriage, the very cornerstone of our society . The people of this country, especially our children, deserve better ."

• The Rev. Bryant Wright, president of the Southern Baptist Convention, called Obama's statements "a calculated, politically expedient decision that completely ignores the biblical foundation of marriage ."

• Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said that Mitt Romney, "who has signed a pledge to support a marriage protection amendment to the U.S. Constitution, may have been handed the key to social conservative support by President Obama."

• Bob Vander Plaats, the head of The Family Leader, a conservative faith group focused on politics in Iowa, said that the move will stoke a part of the religious base even more against Obama. “ They were already fired up to get rid of Obama. This will only make them more on fire to get rid of Obama. And if I’m Romney today, I’m smiling ," he said.

• The Rev. Richard D. Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, said in an interview with The New York Times that he was both "saddened and mystified" by the president's declaration. "When the president comes out in favor of something it has an impact, and that saddens me because I think embracing same-sex marriage would be a terrible mistake for the country ," he said.

• The Rev. Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals, an umbrella group that represents 45,000 churches in 40 denominations, also expressed disappointment to The New York Times. "The evangelical community is broadly committed to define marriage as between one man and one woman and will not accept an unbiblical definition," he said."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gay-marriage-dolan-reed/2012/05/09/id/438580

This is another reason why I think Obama is not a real Christian.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow