Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaulM2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,614
Like?
z-990 questions
May 10, 2012

This will be my first Kodak digital camera.

Been a long time user of Olympus cameras. Currently I have a bunch of them here, both P&S and DSLR's.

Born and brought up in Rochester, NY, used a lot of Kodak film and cameras prior to digital, so with the current status at Kodak, I wanted to have a fairly recent Kodak digital before they are long gone.

On May 4th I ordered a factory refurbished z-990 from a eBay seller located in Florida, delivery scheduled originally for today, but after checking the UPS tracking, it currently is touring Florida and is now rescheduled for delivery on the 15th of May. A friend told me that I should soon receive from the camera, one of those vacation type Post Cards that says "Wish You Were Here"

Now my questions. I have read here on this site and other places on the INTERNET that this z-990 lens does not have threads on the lens for filters etc. Not a problem as recently I have become a convert to the camp of no UV filters.

But I do want at least a lens cap or hood for protection. I have also read some place that this z-990 has a odd size front lens element, 48.5mm.

I have here at my home, (one of my favorites a little Olympus camera) a c-7000z which is 7mp, 5x zoom. The lens retracts into the camera and also has no threads for filters etc. so I improvised. Please see my pBase gallery for how I did this.
http://www.pbase.com/paulm2/homemadestuff

Now on the z-990 with its long zoom and the lens projecting out quite aways, what are you using to protect the lens? Where did you buy it from?

I have no clue what will be in the refurbished box, if and when I get it. A email to the seller was not much help. I really need at least a lens cap.
Paul

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow