Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve Leadenham
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
AF Micro Adjustment 5D2 to 5D3
May 10, 2012

Attempting to microadjust the focus of my lenses on my new 5D3 body, I dialled in the same settings as used on my 5D2 and was surprised to find a significant improvement in the fine focus. I used the same adjustment at the long and short end of the zooms and presumably this can be further fine tuned when I get the time.

My conclusion from this is that the focusing microadjustment is correcting lens inaccuracy rather than the combined body/lens inaccuracy. I expected that once one lens had been calibrated to the 5D3 body, my other lenses could be set relative to the 5D2 variation. I did not expect the 5D2 adjustments settings to give such similar result on the 5D3.

What has been the experience of owners of both 5D2 and 5D3 cameras in the setting of their respective microadjustments? Are the same settings on both cameras working for other people too?

Steve L

Steve Leadenham's gear list:Steve Leadenham's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow