Another OM-D trap to watch out for...

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
digifan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,157
Like?
Re: Geez Bob...
In reply to Bob Meyer, May 10, 2012

... lighten up, I'm not an Oly fan against all odds.
If you read all my reactive threads to Louis you'ld know.

I just thought that it was possible to set bracketing with dark frame substraction.

There are more ways that what Louis wants could have been implemented. But just presuming the burst mode would be possible, when the manual clearly states it's NOT possible is odd.

I'd be looking for another way since Olympus never had the method implemented as Louis uses it.
Canon does I know.
But it doesn't mean it isn't possible in another way.

People can be very creative in working towards a result it's impossible to offer all those situations.
Feed back is good to Olympus.
But calling this missing featiure a trap as in the OP is a step too far IMO.

Bob Meyer wrote:

Louis has, twice, provided a very good explanation of why this would be useful. Other cameras can do it. No one has provided a reason why not offering this capability is of any benefit.

It's certainly not a critical feature, but there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be the photographer's choice, instead of some engineer's decision.

I swear, you'd think some of the people here work in Oly's design department, the way they react to the slightest criticism of the OMD. It's a camera people, and it's not perfect. Don't get your undies in a wad.

digifan wrote:

texinwien wrote:

Isn't there a separate mode/functionality for time-lapse shots? I wonder whether that would do what you're looking for.

Could it be that burst is really designed for high speed shooting, and therefore any additional processing that could slow things down is foregone?

Burst IS for high speed shooting.

I think Olympus delivers so much customisation users expect every scenario to be available.

Some time ago there were threads of many complaining about too many automations on the modern camera's (scene modes etc.)

I think it's pretty logical a burst mode doesn't do dark frame substraction.
We still can think, or can't we?

Pure speculation on my part - I've not worked with long-exposure burst or the time lapse mode.

-- hide signature --

Digifan

-- hide signature --

Bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image, or the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light. Bokeh is not the same as depth of field (DOF).

-- hide signature --

Digifan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow