Sony, where is the FF 36MP Alpha SLT?

Started May 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
caporip
Senior MemberPosts: 1,165Gear list
Like?
Re: If Sony is wise, ...
In reply to davidkachel, May 10, 2012

davidkachel wrote:

OK, here's why; at least from my perspective. Others may differ.

In the 'good ole days' of film, you bought a camera and lenses and more or less kept it for life. Improvements in resolution, color, etc., were made by inventing better films.

NOW, improvements are made by making better sensors and as a result, cameras are not kept for life because after a few years they become worthless. You can't give them away.

I don't know about others but I can afford to keep only ONE expensive camera body and if I want an improved sensor (i.e., a new camera), I have to sell the one I have in order to help pay for it. That means I have to sell it rather quickly after only a couple years of use, before it loses its value.

If the camera I have becomes worthless because I have kept it too long and it is too old, or because Sony has refused to provide an upgrade path, my investment has turned to dust and my lenses become worthless too!

So my dilemma is that I need to sell my a900 and all the lenses while they still have some value and I can still invest in a better camera/system. I have to do this because Sony has left me no choice. They refuse to offer any alternative or even hint that I might want to hang on a little longer. I like my Sony equipment. I want to stick with Sony. It is Sony that has no interest in sticking with me.

-- hide signature --

People who utter the phrase 'I have a good eye' should be beaten to death with their
cameras... being careful to leave a corpse with one good eye!

I love the way the A900 and lenses have suddenly become obsolete..... Last time i checked my A900 (although not necessarily me) was still capable of producing excellent results. To me its still the same camera it's always been.

I tried the A77 last week at a Sony workshop and, in terms of the stuff i have used my A900 for, I was pleasantly surprised with the results, ease of use and handling. I also spoke to the professional running the workshop, Dominic Fraser (who shoots cars and sports primarily) and he thinks its excellent (and he's uses A900 as well) so i am optimistic that the a900 successor will be someting i'll be able to use and enjoy as much as the A900.
--

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/

caporip's gear list:caporip's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow