Olympus OM-D views from a K7 user

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
igelfeld
Senior MemberPosts: 1,079
Like?
Re: Kx user orders a cheap E-PL1 and PK->m4/3 adapter
In reply to debo, May 10, 2012

debo wrote:

I have a Kx and a bunch of primes including the limiteds. These days I need to travel light due to an active toddler

Didnt want to invest away from a Pentax so I got a cheap E-PL1. Dont know how worse the sensor is compared to the OM-D (am sure features on the latter are much better).

If I get good output with a PK adapter, I will seriously consider getting the 20/1.7 for a carry everywhere and get rid of my S95 (I dont like the noise in low light pics)

E-P2 and 20/1.7 is my travel kit. I don't want multiple lenses and I don't want anything bigger than that. But... I found (for me) that I struggle using manual only adapted lenses on the Pen. I had Pentax cameras before so I have a few Pentax lenses like you including limiteds. So when I found out about K-01, I got it in a heartbeat. Like it a lot, especially focus peaking. This is what really helps me to get the focus I want with old manual lenses without straining my eyesight. I will continue to travel with E-P2 or take it with me when I am not sure if I want to photograph anything and the only camera I want with me is the camera that I can stick into my (cargo) pants pocket. For intentional camera work (plus video) I now have K-01. Very happy with this combination.

OM-D sounds like a good camera but it wasn't addressing any of my needs. E-P2 is smaller so is better for travel (and it is 4x cheaper than OM-D brand new) and K-01 is the perfect match for my Pentax lenses. OM-D will never be as good for this as K-01.

Get 20/1.7 for your E-PL1 and get K-01 for your limiteds. You will love it.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,

Igelfeld

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow