HELP! Anyone With Tamron Adaptall-2 Experience

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
sasoph
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: HELP! Anyone With Tamron Adaptall-2 Experience
In reply to Bill McClung, May 10, 2012

Bill McClung wrote:

I followed the directions to set the lens to maximum aperture, push the silver release button and turn the mount counterclockwise. The silver button depressed easily, but the Adaptall-2 unit would not move at all. My mount does not have the AE lock mechanism that some mounts have, so that would not be the problem. Thinking it was just a tight fit, I put some serious torque on the Adaptall-2 ring, but it still would not budge.

I have a different Adaptall 2 mount. See if removing the rear lens cap first makes any difference.

How much travel does the silver release have? It should be about 3mm. If not, try rotating the silver mount ring clockwise a little until the release springs up.

Once that occurs, depress the release with a finger of one hand whilst rotating the silver mount ring anti-clockwise with the other hand.

Mine unmounts fine regardless of what aperture the lens is set at. Whatever you do, using force is not a good idea.

Incidentally, using small apertures, with bright lighting and a dark subject, have you noticed sensor flare? It manifests as a light(er) blue sphere in the middle of the frame.

sasoph's gear list:sasoph's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow