★ Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 213, May/9/2012 ★

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
citizenlouie
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: No Title
In reply to Claus A, May 10, 2012

I like the slight crop, but not as radical of the first photo. I think the apartment building to the left end of the photo in the uncropped version is much more interesting to look at than the cropped version.

I don't care for the path for some strange reason. My eyes tell me the graffiti on the wall is the main subject, not the path. I would include the path in whole if the tunnel was also shot in whole, but not in the way we're presenting it here.

As for color, how about selective color? B&W for the rest of the scene and colored for the graffiti. Just one option to think about. I don't like yellow and white monochrome for some reason.... I don't know why, it doesn't feel right for this scene, but that's just me.

Train's red dominates the scene. Another thing to think about.

That glittering thingy (razor blade?) in the foreground with the tree twig must be removed from the path in the color version. Lightroom's spot removal will be very helpful here.

Repeated theme is interesting. Train, path, tunnel, rail, etc..

I don't have a strong preference toward any one version. Both have their own strengths. I don't have a title for you, sorry....

A very effective use of fisheye lens.

citizenlouie's gear list:citizenlouie's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow