Jefftan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112
Like?
Any NEX user go full frame? My reason for not doing so
May 10, 2012

1. too heavy, D800 900gram without lens
2.too expensive, Nikon D800 almost 3 times the cost of NEX 7
3. DOF as a mostly landscape photographer I want more DOF not less

4. very important reason, APS-C is good enough and very slight difference with full frame in good lighting and good lens.

In fact the difference is so slight that I doubt if someone could tell even at 100% view. I am surprised I said that because for many years I laugh at MFT people saying MFT is good enough (it may well be true now with OMD E-M5) I always think there is no such thing as good enough.

I am still dreaming of a quantum leap of IQ in the future. Sony talks about a 100MP organic full frame sensor in the future (BS or not you decide) but APS-C in NEX7 or even 5N is really good enough at least in comparison with full frame.

In summary in my opinion full frame don't offer a big enough jump in IQ to justify the much much higher weight and cost

Of course this all depend on what type of photography one do. If someone is after macro like insect or flower, the bokeh of full frame cannot be match by APS-C

There is no right or wrong. Please fell free to express your opinion. I love to hear from you guys

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow