Full version Lightroom 4 $99 at 17th Street Photo

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
GPapa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,656
Like?
OK. That sounds like a pretty good deal.
In reply to jfphoto1, May 10, 2012

I already have Photoshop Elements for bitmap level editing, which does pretty much everything I want to do. Elements comes with Adobe’s Organizer software and I have started cataloging my 150k digital image library. For most images out of the camera I use Canon’s Digital Photo Professional software which does non-destructive editing. It is not as flexible as Adobe Raw or Photoshop, but is fast, functional and produces acceptable results.

I am not unhappy with what I have, but I have suspected that LightRoom would eventually be the best software for editing and managing digital photographs.

I have used Adobe products since 1988. They were excellent back then, at least for the level of hardware technology. More recently they seem to have a higher focus on revenue than they do on the quality of their products or the quality of their service.

I will say they do have good taste. Over the years they have absorbed at least three third party application companies with products I had used. They never absorbed the existing customer base when they took over a company. They always wanted me to pay full price to get on their upgrade bandwagon, even though I thought I was already on the product or feature bandwagon before they took over the third party company.

Anybody out their coming from the same mind set I have that can tell me if I have something to gain by adopting the LightRoom workflow?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow