Here's a photo of children I don't know...

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Apewithacamera
Senior MemberPosts: 2,139Gear list
Like?
Common interest/common sense
In reply to oysso, May 9, 2012

I don't live in Norway but what I read into the term common interest is this, take an event such as a publicly viewed parade or a public beach anything public for that matter.

There are thousands of people/spectators/participants/public beach goers etc. that share a common interest in that public place or public event. Many of those people/spectators/participants take and use photo/video equipment to capture the event. This includes capturing candid images of people/spectators in attendance at the event/public place.

From the brief search I did on this issue for Norway, the rules change for paparazzi/news journalist/professional photographers etc. who are seeking a financial gain. They do require (in Norway) permission to publish such photos for financial gain. That is my take on your post of Norway's rules.

Norway's rules are somewhat in line with rules everywhere else.

I was also a spectator at the parade I attended. I captured candid photos without seeking financial gain. I had a common interest of the event like every other parade goer. I shared my photos with people who enjoyed the event without monetary gain.

Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow