Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Celt12
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Canon S100 vs the G-12
May 9, 2012

Hi Gents: I'm dropping back from a DSLR for all the usual reasons - too awkward, too heavy, etc. I have found I am an oportunitic shooter and like to have a camera with me at all times - that means in a belt holster or a pocket. Since I am going to Europe for 7 weeks this summer I need something by mid June.

My highest priority is image quality and size.

I had my eye on the Fuji X10 but it has a sensor issue (orbs) and the new sensor will not be available until September at the earliest.

The next camera that caught my eye was the Olympus Tough TG-1. It's good looking. The specs seem great and since I have lost a camera and a cell phone to water I thought it would prempt that problem; however it too is not available untill mid summer at the earliest.

My choices now seem to be the Canon s100 or the G-12.

The G-12 gets good reviews. But it's bulky, doesn't have a speedy lense, with a small sensor and seems to be ripe for replacement soon. However, it's price is dropping (I saw a price for $370.00 yesterday).

The s100 is not bulky and gets good reviews but it also has a small sensor and the lens speed is not top notch. It is priced similar to the s100.

Any recomendations, thoughts?

Thanks,

Celt.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow