Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shamus1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,581Gear list
Like?
Re: catch me if you can! 1dmkiv
In reply to Brad Durack, May 9, 2012

Brad Durack wrote:

can't! will lose the foot of the bridesmaid getting chased

Certainly don't want to lose the foot :). Nice shot.

Don't know if its worth the trouble, and certainly NOT trying to tell you how to do post, as your work is nice, but this has worked for me in the past. In post, try this... Expand the canvas (not the image, white space around) a couple of inches. Bracket a rectangle oneach of the edges, capturing sand, shadow or sky/ ocean, but no body parts (a separate step on each side) . Gently pull the edge onto the new blank canvas ( may need to adjust with transform to keep edges straight). If the expansion does give the correct effect, try fill (content-aware) or clone. This is to expand the edges. Now try a re-crop straighten the horizon... If you get some blur, and have a plug-in like Bokeh, a lens blur and/ or slight vignette can do wonders.

Re the sky (and I do a lot of background/skyreplacement in my work), perhaps a gradient or if you have it in RAW, a composite with different sky exposure.. Didn't that was a big deal and only added this after seeing above suggestion. Your clients should be very happy

Shamus1's gear list:Shamus1's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow