35mm 1.4 vs 2.0 or wait for mark II?

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,832
Like?
Re: 35mm 1.4 vs 2.0 or wait for mark II?
In reply to UFO212, May 9, 2012

While the 35L has a lot of room for improvement, but no one actually knows when the update will be here. so why not just buy it now and use it then replace later when the new one actually shows up? I have the 35L myself and regularly use it on my 1Ds2 and sometimes 5D2, I use it at large aperture mostly for low light indoor and portrait application, for everything else I use my Zeiss 35 instead, I love everything the Zeiss 35 F1.4 has to offer except for the color fringing at F1.4, therefore I only use the 35L when I shoot at F1.4, I only use the Zeiss 35ZE F1.4 or Zeiss 35ZF F2.0 for stop down application especially landscape, I have been "waiting for" a updated 35L that provides better edge performance like the Zeiss, but I won't hold my breath as I have been waiting for that for like 5 years, LOL......

I also use the Gitzo and Q3 for hiking, you can't go wrong with any of these purchase, so just pick whatever that's "more urgent" for your type of shooting and go have some fun.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow