If you think your 7d is "soft", please read this.

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
birdbrain
Senior MemberPosts: 3,163Gear list
Like?
Re: Excellent post.
In reply to katman68, May 9, 2012

katman68 wrote:

SeeHorse, Luvthelight, and CrazyBadger....I'd suggest reading my recent thread on the issues my 16 mth old 7D is having. No offense at all, but it sounds like you clearly have "the 7D has the ultimate AF but is difficult to learn" blinders on & haven't read it to see what's going on.

Well, I have read your post and I did reply, and I am sorry you are having problems. On the two 7D bodies I owned I never had a problem with either spot, expanded or zone giving different AF results.

I used all three photographing birds and planes, birds and planes when perched I used spot or expanded, while birds and planes flying I used zone. The only problem I had was keeping the subject in the view finder, fairly easy with planes not so easy with birds.

All I can do is speak from the experiences I had with the 2 7D bodies I owned. I now just have the one 7D and a 5D3.

When I checked my lenses with the 7D only one of the lenses I owned needed adjustment and that was the 100-400 f4.5/5.6 IS L. Using the tethered approach and EOS Utility I was able to quickly establish that this lens required +6 AF MA. When I got my second 7D I repeated the same procedure and I came up with exactly the same amount for that lens.

I'm VERY familar w/the 7D, have been shooting it exclusively since 6/2010 and taken many beautiful shots with it...but sadly am wondering if the many unexplainable rejects & inconsistencies in the mix I shouldn't have written off as flukes or technique variation after all. Further testing will tell...
Regards,
Mark

-- hide signature --

Phil

I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/

birdbrain's gear list:birdbrain's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow