ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mister H
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Olympus UK cashback offer
May 9, 2012

Hello all

Olympus seem to have a rather confusing cashback offer on at the moment - has anyone tried to claim on it?

Originally there was an offer starting 1st March 2012 and ending 30th April 2012. If you bought an E-PM1 or E-PL3 and also bought an Olympus accessory (lens/convertor/VF/flash etc.) you could claim £50 cashback for the camera and £X for the accessory (depending on what it was - £200 in the case of the 75-300mm).

That's all well and good, but now Olympus are advertising a very similar deal with almost identical graphics. This deal runs from 1st March 2012 to 31st May 2012 but there is no mention of cash back on the cameras, just the accessories (with the same cashback amounts as the previous offer). The conditions for this offer state ' Cashback on lens/converter/accessory can only be claimed if the customer has bought an Olympus Pen mini E-PM1 or Olympus PEN Lite E-PL3 within the promotion period. '

A friend of mine bought an E-PM1 kit on 6th May - she was unaware of the April cashback on the camera offer and is delighted with the PEN so isn't too distraught. She is thinking of getting the 45mm f1.8 though, and £70 off a £235 lens is not to be sniffed at! The online claim form just asks for the serial number of the camera so I rang the helpline to double check that was all that was needed - the guy I spoke to seemed rather uncertain but told me that the camera had to be bought before the end of April in order to claim for this offer - though the T&Cs don't state that anywhere - April is never mentioned! The guy on the phone seemed unsure of himself so I'm in two minds whether to advise my friend to try to claim (it might be accepted) or to tell her not to bother claiming (though it may make her decide not to buy the lens).

Can anyone shed any light on Olympus' rather confusing offer? Any constructive advice much appreciated!

Thanks

Andrew
--
I'm getting there...

Mister H's gear list:Mister H's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow