Auto WB

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
AntnioGM
Senior MemberPosts: 1,656Gear list
Like?
Depends on the camera...
In reply to jpzundel, May 9, 2012

White balance is very much camera dependent. Contrary to opinions already stated here, Olympus doesn't always get white balance allright.

On my E1, I usually use any pre-set, mainly Auto and Daylight. It the Olympus camera with the best presets. When indoor, under tungsten light, forget it. It's no different than any other camera from any brand. White balance is not accurate.

On the E400, that I used during three years, it was more or less like the E1, except that Auto was less perfect. It got colours much more warmer.

On the E620, white balance is almost always innacurate. It was he first camera that forced me to buy a device for setting WB previously, any time I have to shoot.

On the E-P3, the preset settings are very good but, not as good as on the E1. White Balance under artificial light is, as always, a no go.

On other cameras from different brands, is more of the same. Under artificial light, it is always wrong. But, there's an exception. My Epson R-D1, has a pefect preset for all situations.

António GM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91908602@N00/

AntnioGM's gear list:AntnioGM's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Leica D-LUX 4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Leica V-Lux 20 Epson R-D1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow