Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dags
Senior MemberPosts: 1,388
Like?
5DII can not communicate with genuine battery
May 9, 2012

When googling this error I find plenty of mentions of this error with non genuine batteries & some probs with the grip, but I cant find a single mention of anyone getting this error on a genuine battery without the grip.

My 5dII has just started doing it. I have 1 genuine & a few non-genuine chipped batteries. I had noticed in last couple of weeks a couple of the non genuine batteries getting this error, but hadnt noticed it with the genuine. I had thought it was just the batteries, as I am getting the same error now with them in my 60D. I just got the 5DII back from a free sensor clean (included as part of Teds Aus extended warranty) & the service place noted the battery error (using their battery). I tried my genuine battery (which is working ok in my 60D) and now get communication error with that one in my 5DII.

I guess I need to send the 5DII off to Canon. It is under warranty, but I'm hoping they are not going to tell me it's not covered by warranty due to being caused by use of oem batteries or by getting wet or something. Have used it in light rain & it's gotten a little wet, but not soaked.

I do tend to live dangerously with my cameras. This is me going very close to getting swept of my feet & drowning the 5DII a few weeks ago (and no it didnt get wet this time) http://www.flickr.com/photos/drjames73/6913716506/

After waiting 3 weeks to get the camera back from just getting a sensor clean, I am loathe to go without it for an extended period again straight away & could maybe live without the battery info. But I am worried that it's a symptom of deeper problems that are going to get worse
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdaggar/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow