Sony Zeiss 24mm 1.8 or MF Biogon? (on NEx5n)

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
sunniland
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: Sony Zeiss 24mm 1.8 or MF Biogon? (on NEx5n)
In reply to dsmtl, May 9, 2012

dsmtl wrote:

Trying to make a decision in the next few days on a lens for my new nex5n. Heading to SE Asia for a while and have decided to leave the Canon DSLR at home. Looking for a useful, compact lens that's a good investment and solid walk-around performer. I've narrowed my choices down to something in the 25-35mm range, and have a Leica m-mount adapter on the way.

Would anyone be interested in chiming in on the difference between a Zeiss rangefinder (Biogon 25 2.8, 35 2, or Biogon C 35 2.8) or the E-mount Zeiss 24 1.8? Prices are all very similar...

Why not drop in on the Cosina factory (they make all the Zeiss ZM lenses, and their own Voightlander versions are (mostly) at least good as the ZM's) and ask them to make an E-mount version of their Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 (so far available only on m43 mount)? The lens got pretty glowing reviews by several reviewers, and there is no Zeiss ZM equivalent. Probably they're already working on an E-mount version; maybe they'll have a pre-production sample available.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow