Anyone subscribe to Photovision?

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Photomonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,347Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone subscribe to Photovision?
In reply to Craig, May 9, 2012

Craig wrote:

Believe me, these people that I mentioned do not do sports teams or school shoots..

They have a very, very expensive portrait cliental business.
She said her prices were obscene..

I used to subscribe and they are useful for beginners for inspiration. It is also a great way to see success stories.

All success stories are the result of a LOT of hard work and commitment most mortals do not possess. I am talking workaholic obsession.

We all marvel at someone we see on TV or in a magazine that has success like the sort you are describing. We think it is amazing because they seem just like us. But you are mistaken.

They are running a business that took many years of 18 hour days seven days a week to develop. The learned voraciously, practiced relentlessly, and marketed tirelessly. They never miss an opportunity to inform, sell or promote their business.

Most of us could achieve that success but we would have to change so radically in terms of personality and effort that almost none of us ever do that. Couples that can do that successfully are rare. Many divorces occur precisely because one member of the pair is not willing to give themselves over to the job. Others do give themselves over and still do not succeed because they lack the interpersonal skills or some other critical ingredient.

For the rest of us there is plain old good income. Not Rock Star income but enough to retire on and play with the grandkids who know and love you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow