Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,950
Like?
Re: Thank you for the useful test
In reply to MrFoopy, May 9, 2012

MrFoopy wrote:

Jon Stock wrote:

Why do the same few idiots troll every day?

Why do I keep clicking on the show/hide button for all the jerks I have justifiably ignored? I seem to keep hoping they will say something worthwhile. After 6 years of posting here I should know better.

It's a tough call. Trolls like exdeejjjaaaa are trying only to build themselves up by criticizing others. They can be safely ignored. I get the sense though that DetailMan is at least trying at times. He just hasn't learned that a ten cent word often works better than a ten dollar word. Nor has he learned that a paragraph isn't needed when a sentence will suffice.

I don't write posts for your (or anybody else's) personal sets of sensibilites, preferences, and tastes. The fact that you and a few others may at times find agreement between each other does not convince me that others may not actually desire to understand more comprehensively what it is that they are reading. "Ten cent words" can have a way of adding up to "chump-change" - unless a reader may not have much of a desire to understand much of anything. While "one man's ceiling may be another man's floor" no one person sits as the "pontif of self-expression"

To return to the topic at hand, thanks Jman. That's the sort of real-world test that is useful to all of us waiting for our cameras to arrive.

In may things and subject-areas, there may exist different worlds. Value judgments aside, different worlds can actually have different levels of meaning and purpose. No "universal template" exists.

He that knows least commonly presumes most .
- Thomas Fuller

Where ignorance is bliss, ‘Tis folly to be wise .
- Thomas Gray

From ignorance our comfort flows, the only wretched are the wise .
- Matthew Prior

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+++1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow