Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larik
Regular MemberPosts: 263
Like?
Sensor cleaning warning.
May 9, 2012

It is a story with a happy end - I knew what I was doing.
For those who like me will venture to clean their E-M5 sensors.

I have found a big fat speck on my sensor and decided it is time to clean it. After removing the lens I gently, and not so gently, blew couple times with my trusted blower, but the speck stubornly would not budge, so I took my magnifying glass and sensorklear to give it a try, before performing a wet cleaning. When I have detected the speck visualy I touched the sensor gently and tried to move it across this small area. To my surprise the sensor moved along with the sensorklear. Then it occurred to me that the sensor is suspended, so I just touched the area with the big speck and removed it. Then I confirmed it and retested and everything was clean. So my conclusion is that the wet cleaning is not an option, or maybe can be done, but not with a spatula (like in my old days of DSLR), but with a q-tip and very gently.

But I would say that sensorklear with a gentle touch in the area of a detected speck works great.
Thanks!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow