Canon SX40 vs. Panasonic FZ150

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Don_Campbell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,064
Like?
Re: Canon SX40 vs. Panasonic FZ150
In reply to landshrk5, May 9, 2012

landshrk5 wrote:

[snip...] I f everything was basically the same the one feature that makes the SX40 the winner is the articulated viewscreen . Handier than you could imagine .keep the Canon ,you won't be sorry.

I don't have an SX40, I have an SX20 which I really like. I agree that the articulated LCD is an incredibly useful tool. I recommend CHDK. The only thing I've used it for more than once or twice is to get raw images (in DNG format) which I do virtually 100% of the time.

The higher zoom maximum and the lower high iso noise on the SX40 have intrigued me. What has held me back is the "tunnel like" viewfinder which I am told that folks get used to. I'm definitely curious where Canon will go next with this series. One more thing that some people notice and others do not or do not care: the Panasonics define a true red in the final image differently than Canons do and my eye agrees with Canon. Look at a few dozen images from each of the two camera lines and I think you'll find that the Panasonic red is a little orangeish and the Canon red is red.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SeeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow