D50 question on SD card size & problem with new camera.

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SUE O''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''BRIEN
Contributing MemberPosts: 927
Like?
D50 question on SD card size & problem with new camera.
May 8, 2012

Will the D50 take a 4 MB SD card? I just bought a D50 kit on Ebay that was used once. It arrived a little while ago. It was boxed with sealed manuals, etc with the original bill of sale (one owner). I charged the battery, which only took a short time for the light to stop blinking and put the card and battery in the camera. It powered up and I changed some things in the menu. It would not allow me to format the memory card, just displayed, "formatting" and turned off. I tried to take a picture, it auto focused but the flash would not fire. I also stepped outside and it still wouldn't take a picture. I tried A, P, S, A. I put the battery back on the charger and will let it stay there for at least a hour, although the light blinked at first, it stopped not long afterwards. I don't know if it's the battery or camera or maybe the card. I downloaded a program from the web to see how many shutter acuations were on the camera but it didn't show it in the EXIF data and I have a MAC and couldn't find anything else. The camera and lens look new. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. I don't have a card below 4 MB and would have to run to Walmart to pick one up if that is the problem.
Sue
--
http://www.pbase.com/osusana

Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow