Veteran MemberPosts: 3,663
Like?
Re: Electronic viewfinder?
In reply to jerome_munich, May 8, 2012

jerome_munich wrote:

guinness2 wrote:

Midwest wrote:

DavePlugh wrote:

If you do closeup work and/or favour manual focus you will not appreciate an electronic viewfinder - in my humble opinion.

I guess what I'm saying is that if only, for example, 10% of your photo taking consists of closeup and/or manual fucus, you could effectively lock yourself out of those situations with an EVF.

Also for those who take BIF photos (not my thing) or action sports photos, an EVF is next to worthless. Canon's Live View could certainly stand improving but I have no desire for an EVF to replace the bright, sharp OVF.

My opinions too,why EVF on SLR ?

Some people actually find these better than the traditional SLR OVF: for video obviously but also for photography. For example, some people appreciate that the EVF can be used to show extra information or will make immediately obvious if your picture is not correctly exposed, etc...

EVF or back screen is not for me, being far-sighted due to age. When looking thru OVF, I can focus my eyes normally, as if without camera, but I am lost when using screen, the same for EVF, I consulted optician. I have no fun to walk with reading glasses

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow