Wonder if I might have a focus problem with my d3100

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Re: Wonder if I might have a focus problem with my d3100
In reply to DuaneV, May 8, 2012

Ok, so maybe you have an issue. The thing to do is either exchange the camera if you can, or send it to Nikon if you can't. Just be sure you've established through some controlled testing that this actually is more than coincidence. Use a tripod, make sure the focus box is on the spot you want sharp etc etc. Good luck

DuaneV wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

Well lets be honest, what your describing is either an intermittent focusing problem with the camera, or your ascribing other various outside issues to the camera. If your camera is front, or back focusing wouldn't it likely do so fairly consistently?

foodsci wrote:

Thats exactly what Im describing. I took 277 photos like this yesterday and this is one of a few thats actually in focus where I tried to focus. This happens consistently, whether it be outside, inside, natural light, speedlight, etc. The majority of the shots I take with this camera out OOF where I was trying to focus.

And after reading these replies, looking at my other images, etc., I am sure it is front focusing. The majority of my images shot yesterday are front focused on something other than what the AF point was actually on.

I started this thread to talk myself out of a camera issue. Seems Ive now convinced myself that it is, in fact, an issue with the camera.
--
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3317198770/albums

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow