E-M5 firmware bugs, report them here

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
TrapperJohn
Forum ProPosts: 10,245
Like?
Battery grip shutter button gets confused with HG ZD
In reply to Jonas B, May 8, 2012

I've seen this happen once or twice. Don't know that it's restricted to the grip/HG ZD combo, but that's the only time I've seen it.

Once in a while, pressing the grip shutter button does nothing. No AF, no shot. And several seconds later, with my finger off of the shutter, suddenly AF goes off, and it fires a shot. Looks like something in the firmware is getting stuck in a loop, and buffering the command until the loop times out or exits.

I did find that when the battery grip button hangs, the regular shutter button still works.

Power off/on clears it and the grip shutter button works again.

Haven't seen a pattern to this yet. Only happened three times in two weeks of getting used almost every evening - hard to put this little beauty down.

Don't think it's usage related, because I've fired fifty shots without seeing any problem, another time I fired ten shots and the grip shutter started getting balky.

Could just be a combination of events, but so far I haven't spotted the combination, it isn't happening very often.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow