OT: what monitor calibration parameters

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Amadeus21
Contributing MemberPosts: 872
Like?
Re: OT: what monitor calibration parameters
In reply to phiri, May 8, 2012

Many thanks for your answer!

In every day life I'm working on a grafic workstation (Mac) - but it is calibrated (for Germany) to "D50" (i.e. 5000K for pre press use.) Therefore it is unusable for photo editing or RAW developing. It's much too yellowish.

At home I do have a monitor which can be calibrated in it's hardware (EIZO), hardware to calibrate (Spyder 3) etc. etc. More or less I think I know, what I'm doing. BUT I do have to say the DataColor software, to what values I want to calibrate my monitor, normally "D65" (i.e. 6500 K, paper white etc.). But I also have to say the software, whether I want to use 80 candela or 120. (In the following, the gamma values are calibrated for R G and B and repeated for gray.)

After I fetched portrait pictures a second time from the printing lab (normally they don't use color management or say "sRGB") and they looked horrible dull, I started to ask myself, if I am wrong: I have a setup with 120 candela, may be the monitor is too bright?

I hope there is an answer: photo editing with D65 and 120 candela.

Johannes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow