Nex 5n impressions. GREAT P/Q performance, hurts to hold.

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joe Przybylski
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Re: Nex 5n impressions. GREAT P/Q performance, hurts to hold.
In reply to zackiedawg, May 8, 2012

zackiedawg wrote:

Ergonomics are definitely important when choosing a camera, and are very personal - what's comfortable to one person may be horrible for another.

I have large hands myself, but haven't really had any ergonomic issues with the NEX-5N - for me, the thumb doesn't tire or ache when accessing the jog wheel, and the deep grip recess makes carrying such a tiny thing surprisingly comfortable. It's not quite as nice to hold as my big, chunky, deep A580, but for its size the NEX5N is surprisingly easy to wrap my hand around.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find your sweet spot for comfort while holding and shooting. See if you can get a hold of a NEX7 before buying it - as although it is slightly larger and has two extra control wheels, they would seem to be primarily still thumb-controlled, so that may be an issue for you. Otherwise, the DSLR/SLT line might just give you more to grip, and moves the jog wheel to the front for index finger control, and that might work better for you.

-- hide signature --

I actually do prefer a traditional DSLR line up. The best camera I've had was the Pentax K5. An absolute JOY to hold and was a great performer. I ultimately had to get rid of it because of its horrible video capabilities. No manual control, and funky frame rates.

I'm wondering if the A65 picture quality is as bad as it seems in low light as I've read or will I be pleasantly surprised...? That's the one I'd really like to get. I loved the form factor of the A57 but that EVF was the killer for me.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow