Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dksf
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
How I got a d800 in less than a week
May 8, 2012

Like many, I pre-ordered a d800 at B&H and have been patiently awaiting it's arrival. I have no beef with B&H, and I plan on shopping there in the future. They shipped my 5dmkiii on the day of release, so clearly Nikon is having supply problems with the d800 that are beyond the retailers control. So no anti-B&H rant from me.

Anyways, to the point, I walked into a Ritz Camera shop this past Saturday, and the store manager told me that he could get me a d800 within a week, because he only had 1 order ahead of mine. I didn't believe him, but I didn't have anything to lose since no deposit was required. To my surprise I received my shipping confirmation today.

Clearly, supply is trickling out to all Nikon dealers, but most of the well know stores have waiting lists that are hopelessly long. Guess it pays to find the stores that don't have a lot of high end/pro clientele.

Not counting my chicks just yet, but the thought of having my new camera before the weekend made my day.

YMMV.

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow