Nex 5n impressions. GREAT P/Q performance, hurts to hold.

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Przybylski
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Nex 5n impressions. GREAT P/Q performance, hurts to hold.
May 8, 2012

I purchased a Nex 5n about a week ago and played around with it for the past week. Spending lots of times taking pictures out and about, of my kids, at the park, around the house, Downtown Chicago.

My thoughts: Picture quality is great. I was really impressed with the quality of the RAW files.

The camera was also zippy performance-wise.

I returned it because after using it for an hour my hand would start to hurt. Specifically, my thumb because of the need to use the rotating wheel so much.

I recently had an a57 which I loved, but the viewfinder gave me a headache so I returned that thinking if the 5N was great enough, I'd keep it and buy the OVF down the line (which I've tried and thought it was amazing).

Because of the discomfort I had handing it I'm thinking of going to the A65 or the NEX 7. I have to say I'm not happy with the still image quality from the A65 so I"m guessing I'll be buying a NEX 7 in the coming weeks.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone with large hands is thinking of moving to the NEX 5n. I'm sure it's great for some people, and like I said, in terms of features/price... WOW!! I just didn't care for the ergonomics.

-- hide signature --
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow