Confused about Challenges

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
AnisJ
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: Confused about Challenges
In reply to leeland48, May 8, 2012

What you guys saidl is I am afraid true. I wanted to find out the truth behind these challenges and the only way to do that was to host one

I am in the midst of it and going through the voting phase. As for submission phase I was surprised many entries were not submitted based on the rules laid down, I had to disqualify scores of them and I am still at it.

My opinion on how the challenges work is not yet complete and I may come back with more of my comments to enlighten you guys.

I had requested Stuart (windmillgolfer) to help me out by being a co-host and he very kindly accepted my invite. He may also chime in with his findings.

All I can say is that hosting the challenge for the first time was very overwhelming to say the least, it requires a lot of work and is a very time consuming process. As a host the most important aspect of the challenge is be fair to everyone participating by making sure every entry is based on the rules laid down.

I noticed some challenges have minimal rules which makes it very easy for the host. If you put too many rules the scrutinity of the entries takes a lot of time especially if it is a high number.

I'll be back.
--
Anis

• Big shots are small shots who keep shooting!

AnisJ's gear list:AnisJ's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Samsung Galaxy S4 Apple iPad WiFi +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow