Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reimar
Contributing MemberPosts: 588
Like?
D800E AF saga
May 8, 2012

I just got a call from Nikon service saying my D800E body is ready, but the 14-24mm lens needs parts and will be several weeks! I've never had any problems with this lens with 3 previous cameras. Since they didn't ask for approval, I assume they will not charge me for the back-ordered gasket and what not.

I sent this camera in for service in April with severe backfocus on all single direction AF points (left and right). I tested it when I went to pick it up in the showroom and found the outer AF points improved, but still soft compared to LV (especially the left side). So I left it there. They said the lens was fine.

Now they put in a new bayonnette mount on the camera and adjusted the AF again. No indication that they are aware of a more widespread AF issue. I'm in Toronto. I'm glad Nikon is doing what it can, but the need for parts in a previously fine lens has me worried. I'll let you know how the body is with the 24-70 when I pick it up later this week.

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow