Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adjuster
Contributing MemberPosts: 902Gear list
Like?
OM-D at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, US
May 8, 2012

Picked up the OM-D with 12-50mm kit just before we went on vacation. Lots of photo opportunities in Hilton Head. I also took a three hour photo tour through the marshes. Saw lots of birds. The second, third and fourth bird shots where with the 40-150mm and have been cropped at least 50%. All the rest were with the 12-50. I am not a birder so this was a new experience for me.

I shot jpg and raw and had the fastest Lexar 600x flash memory. Still, the 9x burst doesn't work well for birds about to fly off because the buffer fills up too fast. Next time I would shoot just raw at 4x in order to capture the bird taking off.

My favorite was the last one which was a quick grab shot from a restaurant porch. I saw that the bird was about to take off and quickly took a photo. The fast focus speed was instrumental in getting this shot.

For those who are wondering, I absolutely love this camera. And every 12-50mm shot I took appears to be very sharp.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow