Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richard Wonka
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Re: Any Lightroom 4 alternatives that cost less?
In reply to max2k, May 8, 2012

I have been playing around with UFRaw, Rawtherapee and darktable and have come to stick with darktable. It is a brilliant piece of software and does what I want it to do.

While I have not used commercial software like Aperture/Lightroom/... before, I don't find myself in a position where I am considering that, Darktable does what I need it to do and has a very responsive developer community that welcomes feedback and, given the right arguments, is likely to even make the software work the way you want it to work if that way of working makes sense for the design of darktable.

I can only recommend checking out http://darktable.org to see what it is.

I am also interested in comparisons in functionality to LIghtroom/Aperture/etc...

What can one software do that the other can't? And why would I want a software to do that? What is the other software's approach to solving the same problem? ...

-- hide signature --

Richard

Richard Wonka's gear list:Richard Wonka's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow