Would you return the NEX-5n in this situation ?

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Catalin Stavaru
Regular MemberPosts: 363
Like?
Would you return the NEX-5n in this situation ?
May 8, 2012

Hi,

We were not used to this kind of customer rights in my country (Romania) until recently, but when I bought the NEX-5n they told me that I can return it in 30 days with no questions asked. I have like 7 days until the 30 days are up.

I just learned that the NEX-F5 will launch this summer, not sure when but probably sooner than expected. I kind of hate when I buy a device that gets replaced after 2-3 months.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-a-sony-nex-f5-is-also-coming-this-summer/

What I don't like about the 5n is the fact that it overheats rather soon when filming (6-7 minutes into filming on a hot day and I see a temperature symbol on the screen - didn't try to see when the camera actually stops filming). It also has that clicking issue (which is not nearly as bothering as I first thought). The size is OK (just ! - still prevents me from taking it with me anywhere - and I only bought the big 18-55 lens), but since the Olympus launched the E-M5 (out of my budget though) I kind of realized that m43 will soon catch up with APS-C leaving us with smaller and truly pocketable cameras at the same image quality.

So, should I return the NEX-5n and wait for the new model instead ? Is it "ethical" to return it for my reasons ? Feels awkward to play with a camera for 3 weeks and then receive all the money back. I must confess I am a technology junkie and I like to have the newer (and hopefully with no flaws) technology.

Thanks !

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow