Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Oztom
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
Amazed by quality of D7000 with 18-105 VR
May 8, 2012

I have owned Canon most of my life (except for Nikon FE2, FM2, Olympus OM4 and current Olympus Pen series) and borrowed a Nikon D7000 with a 18-105 VR for a walk on the darkside.

I took this shot of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Australia and was truly stunned with the incredible quality achieved considering the lens is one of their cheaper offerings. In fact I submitted a similar photo into a photo competition and won an
IPAD 2 for my efforts.

I have shot many landscapes with the Canon EOS 1Ds Mark 2 Full frame with some serious glass (which I sold when I retired from wedding photography) and the Nikon D7000 is as good in low light situations.

This is amazing considering the size of the sensor and the price of the camera and puts my Canon 40D to shame above 800 ISO.

I have also used the Canon 7D and must say the D7000 is better for low light landscapes where dynamic range, lack of noise and detail are so important.

Thanks Nikon and one day I may even bite the bullet and return to the dark side for good.

Oztom's gear list:Oztom's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow