Sigma 50-150 (non OS) available at Sigma Outlet

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shield3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,440Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 50-150 (non OS) available at Sigma Outlet
In reply to jcurtistx, May 8, 2012

What if they say it's the camera and not the lens? Then what?

jcurtistx wrote:

So after a large degree of reluctance, I sent my A57 and my refurb 50-150 back to Sigma for recalibration. I could capture sharp photos in good light outdoors, but indoors was difficult and 2.8 was not very good all too often. I bought this lens for its wide aperture so not having pleasing results at f/2.8 was not acceptable.

I have been able to take some great outdoor photos, but I have other lenses that can do the same. My issue was indoor photography for my daughter who is in gymnastics so hopefully when it comes back calibrated to my camera all will be fixed.

I really do love the range of this lens and it is a keeper for me. I understand the risks of buying a 3rd party lens and one that is refurb so I am not upset or mad at Sigma. From what I have read they do a great job recalibrating so that should make me a happy camper.

The only downside was paying 2 day shipping to NY - ouch...

-- hide signature --

Sony A57, Sony 16-50 f2.8, Tamron 60 f2, Sigma 50-150 f2.8, Tamron 70-210 f3.5-4.5 (Circa 1988), Tamron 70-300 USD

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow