Fuji X-Pro1 question / kit thoughts

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
lpeters
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-Pro1 question / kit thoughts
In reply to MrFlash, May 8, 2012

Thank you for your thoughts, greatly appreciate it. I'm afraid I can only swing onencameranright now, and feel that I can build on the XP1 as a system. Like where you're going with this though.

Cheers.

MrFlash wrote:

I like using legacy glass on my XP1, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time. It can be fun, but it's not very practical.

Assuming your R glass is in good shape, you could probably sell them for enough to buy a couple of XF lenses. You might consider keeping the 135 though, since there is no XF equivalent.

Fuji does make something between the 14 and 35, it's called the X100. I bought the XP1 with the three lenses and was planning to sell my X100, but I love that little camera and just couldn't part with it. Considering that the XF 35mm costs $600 and the X100 would probably only sell for around $800, I decided to return the 35 and keep the X100.

My walk-around kit is a small shoulder bag with the X100 and the XP1 with the 60mm mounted and the 18 in the bag when I need to go wider. It's a very fast, lightweight and flexible set-up. I will sometimes carry a slightly bigger bag with a Nikon 135mm or 200mm prime (with adapter) for times when I think I might need more reach.

I will probably sell the 18 when the 14 becomes available, but for now I really love shooting with this combo.
--
MrFlash

lpeters's gear list:lpeters's gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow