Need for photomanagement Software

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jeff Seltzer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,689
Like?
I use ACDsee Pro, BUT...
In reply to Tuxster, May 7, 2012

It's not perfect...it's close, but there are some key things missing including 64-bit support, and image stacking - the latter being the most important thing missing for me. In other words, I often times have multiple versions of a single image, and other programs allow you to "stack" them all together. Not ACDsee.

Other problems: no RAW support for X-Pro1 (and no plans, according to them); bloated with too many development/processing tools; crashes more than it should, even with quad processor and 16 gigs of RAM.

On the plus side: Very easy to use, very fast...and key benefit vs. LR for me is that you can use existing file structure rather than have to create a separate database.

Overall, it's best option for me (and I've tried at least 5 other programs). However, there's room for improvement, for sure.

Tuxster wrote:

I use ACR and Photoshop extensively for image processing. I have been using bridge to keyword and iptc data for my images using xmp sidecars. I am up to aprox 8k of images and not looking for image management software.

I dont like LR4, just a bunch of things that really get under my skin with it, from exporting with edits and crops to viewing detailed file info.

I tried phase one media pro and it seems to work well and I also trying Photomechanic but it seems to be more of an annotation software than catalog software.

My workflow now includes bridge import raw to ACR then jpg or tiff if required.

Any comments?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow