Guess which camera D800e D800 (side by side)

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ovrebekk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,245
Like?
Re: Z ; RED DOT IS D800e
In reply to Mikael Risedal, May 7, 2012

Mikael Risedal wrote:

The images from D800e are those that have a red dot

But first let me say that it is very difficult to manually and accurately set a 85/1,8 or 70/2,8 with live view and high magnification because there is not as precise gearing ratio of today's lenses except Zeiss manual lenses and old lenses with metal shell.

Even Imaging Resource has different absolute focal plane in theirs pictures with 70/2,8

There are raw converters that can handle color estimation better of the bottle label etc than CR.

I can see subtle differences from the two cameras but to me it is not a advantagein my work in view of increased risk of the moire in structures that may be difficult to fix from d800e

I thought it was said the red dot pictures were the D800?

I didn't really believe that. You are right the difference is subtle, but the red dot samples are clearly a bit more defined.

Personally I am struggling to decide between the two. The D800 really is more than sharp enough on it's own, but the chance of moire on the D800E doesn't seem to be as large as initially feared.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow