I hate guys like this!

Started May 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
igxqrrl
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: It's a low form of entrepreneurialship...
In reply to vincent__l, May 7, 2012

vincent_ l wrote:

What if he had put his D800 up on eBay, with no reserve price, and people decide to bid the price up to $4K on their own free will ? Would this guy still be unethical for selling the D800 for above MSRP ?

I wonder how many of those who complain about craigslist/ebay sellers would refuse a $10,000 offer for their camera? None, likely.

I wonder how many adamantly refuse to sell their house for a penny more than they paid for it?

Or how many save for retirement but plan to sell their mutual funds for the same value they paid for them.

What many fail to recognize is that shortages (as we are experiencing now) are the inevitable result of prices artificially kept below the market price. As unintuitive as it may seem, "scalpers" provide substantial economic value by providing a product for a price. Bear in mind that, if not for these scalpers, you could not get this product for any price .

If you need a D800 today, you have two choices: Get on a waitlist and pray, or find a someone who is willing to part with his camera for a fair price. Where fair is, by definition, a price that is agreeable to both the buyer and the seller.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow