Why I want an X Pro 1

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I want an X Pro 1
In reply to dnercesian, May 7, 2012

Seriously, there is very little bad one cay say about xpro1, perhaps the price would be the major complain for most, but that is a moot point, it cost what it cost and the price probably don't really go down much.

The focusing issues are mostly due to the fact it isn't DSLR. And if the fastest and most reliable focus is the upmost importance then yes, a real dslr is the only option.

Otherwise the xpro1 is really the camera many people were dreaming about for so many years.

dnercesian wrote:

This is a camera I don't want to want, but I'll admit, it is mainly due to the fact I am worried the price won't justify it for me with the AF issues I read about and so on.

But I still want it. This is the thing. I work with 2 Nikon D3's, one with a 70-200 2.8 VR2 and the other with the 17-35 2.8. I love this setup for my work. Its flexible enough, great quality, fast, accurate... I could go on. Anyhow, I am on vacation right now, non working, and I am lugging these monsters around. It's easy enough to setup for a day of work, but on vacation I could have an XP1 with an 18, 35, and 60 in a bag that would still be smaller than one of my D3s' with a lens!

I am not going to sell my work cameras, but i was wondering if there is anyone else out there in my situation that coughed up the dough and still thinks it's worth it.

There are other small cameras out there that I believe will be pretty nice for travel as well, like the new Nikon D3200, and whatever else they come up with in the DX line this year. Those coupled with a few primes could work out very nice, if not better than the XP1. I'm just trying to decide which route to go and the images from the XP1 keep me impressed.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow