Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpeters
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Fuji X-Pro1 question / kit thoughts
May 7, 2012

I am thinking about (lusting over), the Fuji X-Pro1. I love the idea of the manual controls in a slightly smaller than a DSLR body, with outstanding image quality. This hits all the high-points for me. And while I have lusted over the Leica M-bodies many times, I really can't afford to go down that road.

I currently have a well-aged Nikon D200, as I've been waiting on the new iteration of that camera. However, I would much prefer the Fuji. I'm not a spray shooter and am more interested in making good images than I am in shooting speed.

I love the idea of the camera, but don't have all the $$ in the world to spend on it all in one fell swoop. My thought has been to pick up a body and Leica R adaptor, and run with a couple of lenses I still have left from when I owned an R7 (28, 50 and 135mm).

I do keep reading that those who own Voigtlander lenses are more than thrilled with their offering in use with the body. I could consider one lens, just wish Fuji currently had something between the 18 and 35 for general use. I could consider one of the Voigtlander lenses in the 25mm - 28mm range as an addition, as it would help contain the size of the camera a bit. (And would likely sell the R glass)

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on direction, thank you in advance.

lpeters's gear list:lpeters's gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D200 Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow