Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TotalNeophyte
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Question about how to best use my DSC HX200V
May 7, 2012

First off, I'd like to thank all of you for your opinions and advice (I stalked this site all day yesterday, until I finally decided to go out and get the HX200V, this morning). It was really helpful and I ended up being supremely confident in my purchase.

Well, I'm looking to start a project tomorrow morning and I was wondering if someone can give me some more of that sage advice:

I will be taking daily photos of myself for the next year, or so. I'll be taking them in a poorly lit room (even when all of the lights are on) and I will be using a tripod. I know almost nothing about cameras (what does "ISO" mean? haha), but I want to make sure I am taking photos the "right way".

So, if you have any advice - please share! However, to make things easier, I'll put some questions:

1. What is the optimal height for the camera? If I am taking photos of my face and torso, where should the camera be - height-wise - relative to my body?
2. What mode should it be on?
3. Does the flash wash out an image?

4. What aspect ratio or quality should I take the images in? I would like to one day make a short video of all of the images - and I'd like it to be in HD.

It is difficult to ask questions because I know so little. I am just hoping someone can tell me how I could best achieve my desired outcome.

Again, thanks so much for all of your help in guiding me to this great camera!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow