First Place Woo Hoo Don't think me ungrateful. But.

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: First Place Woo Hoo Don't think me ungrateful. But.
In reply to Slynky, May 7, 2012

Slynky wrote:

Well, I disagree with the general sentiment most of the replies here. And I really don't think those replies needed sarcasm and snide remarks. The tone could have easlily been more mannerly and still conveyed the same idea.

To agree with the OP, yes, it's not a huge photo contest. It doesn't involve money or a scholarship. Actually, nothing more than bragging rights.

Oddly enough, for something that--in this thread--has been classified as nearly meaningless, this forum is full of posts and threads clamoring to have something done about the sad state of challenges here at DPR. How can it be so important to have programmers spend hours and hours revising the system so the results are more meaningful and trustworthy yet scoff at someone who asked for little more than a digital accolade for finishing in the top three because the challenges are meaningless? It's a small task to accomplish--a bit of a design, some logice to see what kind of email to send to out based on ranking and that's about it! I think it would be a nice touch.

Winning is pretty much meaningless and worthless . . . . of course some people try to leverage a win by bragging about it on their site/FBpage/etc . . . but it is pretty much meaningless all the same.

This doesn't mean that it shouldn't be executed fairly and equitably . . . Hosts spend their time, Entrants spend their time . . . it MUST be a fair process to all concerned . . . .

Now that the OP has a 1st place it might get into the Challenge of Challenges and might even win . . . there might be a small prize for that.

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow