gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,308
Like?
Re: It does help.
In reply to farcus, May 7, 2012

farcus wrote:

gollywop wrote:

farcus wrote:

What lighting were you using to make your targets? I have always used sunlight an hour or two away from meridian. That seems to work very well on the whole, but perhaps there are better lightings to help tone down the red response. I'll have to look into this. I would suspect Iliah has a good idea about this.

I used sunlight.

I haven't tried anything other than sunlight. It is the only light I can readily get that will illuminate the CC24 evenly. I may try to set up something using a couple of Solux 4700 bulbs.

Still, the results with sunlight produce a profile that is much better than the Adobe Standard, particularly in saturated blues and grass/plant greens. The Adobe Standard produces such greens that are too much toward the yellow, and its blues, although good in hue, lack saturation.

I haven't tried "untwisting" the Adobe Standard profile. I'm not very into what's involved there. But I don't think I'll need it now that I have the custom profile.

Well, that's one of those chores that can seem intimidating at the outset, but becomes less and less so as you undertake it. If you've done any Unix, you'll figure it out quickly, but even if not there is a usage file that tells what you need to enter into your terminal program to run the application. I don't know if you're using a Mac or a PC, but there are separate binaries for the two platforms in the folder named binary. Drag the one you need up to the base directory level and just follow the directions given in the usage file.

Perhaps I will try it. I've never done any Unix.

It may be too much of a bother for one task. If you want to send me your e-mail, I'll be glad to e-mail you a copy of the Untwisted file. If you're interested, you can send me your e-mail via the dPreview contact service. If you haven't used it, just click on my name in the Posted By list and look for the Send Message hot button at the top of the page.
--
gollywop

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow